Thursday, March 13, 2014

A fabric medley...........

It's been so very long since i last posted. In fact, over a year!!!

Lot's has happened in the meantime. My family and i have moved cities and most important of all, i've gotten hooked onto quilting!!!


My inspiration is the quilting group i'm part of. It's called desiquilters. You can see more of this group on their blog. This is an absolutely phenomenal group comprising of even more phenomenal people! I've learnt so so much from this group and continue to do so. Every day, and i truly mean every day, brings a plethora of learnings, insights and inspirations. We are a wonderful quilting community and we believe in sharing and learning and growing as quilters. While you might be thinking that we are a small group - hold your breath - we are now 700 member strong and growing by the day!!!


My days are filled with thoughts of fabrics. My shopping is with a single thing in mind - fabrics and more fabrics, my net surfing is with a single focus - quilts, tutorials. I even dream of fabrics and projects! Guess i can now call myself to be addicted to the art form of quilting. I have always enjoyed creating with my hands, but this seems to be different. The possibilities are endless, the canvas without boundaries, the learning curve never reaching it's peak. This is what has had me so hooked on to it.


Recently, while playing with all the fabrics, while arranging and rearranging them is when i had this 'light bulb' moment and decided to rename my blog 'a fabric medley' and also call my creations that. I also hope to be more regular with my blog. Have finished quite a few projects over the last year. My first aim is to put up details and pictures of all those. Between sewing and computer time, i prefer the former!! Hope i can overcome that temptation when it comes to blogging.



No comments:

Post a Comment